Home > Forums > Burninghorizons Development > 'Development idea'
'Development idea'
Page: [1] [2]
richard's user image
richard
16.04.2003 - 13:44
forum administrator
Hi,

I've had a nice little idea and was wondering if anyone would like to work on it with me: a personalised news portal.

We could have a new icon on the toolbar which would lead to the page and users could subscribe their favourite news sites which provide RSS headlines (more on RSS).

I would like to develop this just for me if no-one else is particularly interested, but I quite like the idea of developing this site as a communication portal.

Rich
arun's user image
arun
17.04.2003 - 22:05
forum administrator
That was my idea a while back, but Nelson didn't like it.
I think it would be great!
Skills slightly lacking on the development side though!
richard's user image
richard
17.04.2003 - 23:01
forum administrator
Ah, well not to worry, it's just XML stuff and this site is built on it, so it shouldn't be too much trouble. May tackle it when I get a free weekend!
nelson's user image
nelson
24.04.2003 - 23:21
forum administrator
Hey, hey , hey I do like the idea; what I didn't like was that the actual site's contents would come from somewhere else (ie, the articles on the front page)
arar's user image
arar
25.04.2003 - 11:13
You can write them all if you like =)
richard's user image
richard
25.04.2003 - 12:41
forum administrator
Well that's why I thought each user could create their own list of news feeds, so that they'd log-in to BH to view all of the news sites that only they are interested in. For example, I might have CNN.com and BBC, while others might only be interested in Linux news, for example!
nelson's user image
nelson
25.04.2003 - 18:24
forum administrator
arar: <start pissed off mode> not my fault that no one else bothers to write articles </end pissed off mode>
arar's user image
arar
28.04.2003 - 14:12
sorry dude that wasn't meant to be sarcastic, meant to be funny =) ho hum...
arar's user image
arar
28.04.2003 - 14:14
how do you write articles here anyway? No link from forums that I can see or front page
richard's user image
richard
29.04.2003 - 12:28
forum administrator
You need to be a forum administrator, although I've been considering making it available to any subscribed user, subject to checking by an administrator.

Might be a little difficult to implement and so goes down on my list of 'things I'd love to implement'.

:o)
Page: [1] [2]

This discussion is now closed and you cannot add to it.

contact us © 2003, 2004 BurningHorizons.net