Upgrade issues

Home > Forums > Burninghorizons Development > 'Upgrade issues'
'Upgrade issues'
Page: [1]
nelson's user image
nelson
22.11.2003 - 21:29
forum administrator
Our server was upgraded with some new interesting featured (to be trialed later...)

It went almost without a glitch; except that some people might have their forum statuses reset (i.e. all forums will show a "new" icon even if there are in fact no new messages). This should be solved as soon as you visit each forum.
nelson's user image
nelson
22.11.2003 - 21:44
forum administrator
Also, I took the oportunity to weed out old discussions (closed them). I'm not sure if we should erase them or just move them to an "archive" area...?
richard's user image
richard
23.11.2003 - 15:01
forum administrator
Could have an archive area, although I do sometimes refer back to old conversations if I remember good links etc. Might be more trouble than it's worth!
nelson's user image
nelson
24.11.2003 - 09:23
forum administrator
Second migration completed; again some issues with the forum statuses. Sorry!

Rich, I've had to amend your code on the forum statuses to deal with the different paths. Which means that the users XML files have loads of rubbish now (the paths to the forum directories). Any willingness to clear that up?

Also the paths on windows return "\"s instead of "/"s, which I'm replacing for the XML files (backslashes are a bad idea on XML). Check the f_showforum file if you want to see the changes...
richard's user image
richard
24.11.2003 - 09:42
forum administrator
Yeah, I'll fix that! Thanks for sorting it out again :o)

Will check the backslash thingy too
richard's user image
richard
24.11.2003 - 09:44
forum administrator
...and maybe it's just because I've logged on early in the morning and my local network traffic is less than usual - but BH seems to be working MUCH faster than usual!
nelson's user image
nelson
24.11.2003 - 09:49
forum administrator
Yeah, it seems quite speedy... weird; it's usually the other way around (Windows/Linux). Maybe they put us on a new machine.
nelson's user image
nelson
24.11.2003 - 09:55
forum administrator
Although I'm gonna miss the shell access... <linux fan sigh>
richard's user image
richard
25.11.2003 - 09:09
forum administrator
Ok, I've fixed all the user files (got rid of the junk), and I've fixed the new_posts.php too...
nelson's user image
nelson
25.11.2003 - 11:32
forum administrator
Flametastic
Page: [1]

You must log in to post messages on this board. If you don't have a username and password, you can register quickly to get them!

contact us © 2003, 2004 BurningHorizons.net