14.01.2004 - 12:33
forum administrator
please please please please please
deathjester's user image
deathjester
14.01.2004 - 12:34
forum administrator
argh thast ambiguous.

sorry, i mean icons that indictate if a new post has been made to a given thread since it was last read from the accoutn your are logged in with.
richard's user image
richard
19.01.2004 - 13:06
forum administrator
thought about it, but it will turn out to be very messy consider these two options:

1) We extend the 'last viewed' tags to encapsulate every single conversation, which would probably annoy people because they would have to read EVERYTHING to make the blasted icons go away.

2) We extrapolate the conversations read based on the last time you visited that category and only highlight the conversations updated after that date/time. This is probably the best idea, but the only thing I don't like about it is the fact that if you refresh the page (either by pressing F5 or reading a conversation and returning to the index), all those new icons would disappear, as the last time you visited that category would have changed.

What does everyone think?
deathjester's user image
deathjester
19.01.2004 - 14:57
forum administrator
perhaps only have the account flag the thread as read once the last post is their own; while allowing the user to click on the 'new' icon itself to simply manually flag it.

might need to speed up teh cookies for this though...
arar's user image
arar
19.01.2004 - 18:19
oh I thought this thread was about redesigning the little new icons... ok well I'm ok with the new icons, I just wish there was a little front icon on site entry that says you have "Burning Issues" or something...
Perhaps we should have a little comp to come up with a new 'new' icon?! That could be fun =p
richard's user image
richard
20.01.2004 - 12:02
forum administrator
Oy, I designed that New icon and there's nothing wrong with it. Craig, I can't believe that anyone actually still uses the front page, why don't you set your bookmark straight to www.burninghorizons.net/forums ?
Page: [1]

You must log in to post messages on this board. If you don't have a username and password, you can register quickly to get them!

contact us © 2003, 2004 BurningHorizons.net