How to change a car tyre...

Home > Forums > Games And Fun > 'How to change a car tyre...'
'How to change a car tyre...'
Page: [1]
arun's user image
arun
11.08.2003 - 23:54
forum administrator
After you have parked your car safely, put a couple of bricks or stones beneath the tyres to make sure that it does not roll down a hill. Bring your jack, spare wheel and wrench to the work area. Loosen the nuts without having jacked up the car, to prevent the wheel spin on you. Turn anticlockwise to loosen the nut until it comes off. Next jack up the car. Remove the old wheel now. After having taken out the lug nuts, pull the wheel with your weight forward to prevent from falling backwards. Adjust well the spare wheel in the threaded shafts so that they fit. Then tighten the nuts in the proper order. Lower the jack so that the tyre rests on the ground. Replace the hubcaps.
Voila! You are ready to drive again.

I hate changing car tyres. I always do something wrong, like bending the whole subframe of the car and writing it off!
deathjester's user image
deathjester
13.08.2003 - 11:38
forum administrator
lol?
nelson's user image
nelson
19.08.2003 - 08:37
forum administrator
And if you're driving a Monster Truck?
m4nt1s's user image
m4nt1s
10.12.2003 - 23:00
You forgot to put the tyre you take off on it's side under the car then if the car falls off the jack it won't crush your foot or anything.
nelson's user image
nelson
11.12.2003 - 09:35
forum administrator
I'm sure that is intentional. Once it happens the first time you'll know how to do it next time. (If you survive)
richard's user image
richard
11.12.2003 - 12:38
forum administrator
Who Mantis? Introduce yourself...
richard's user image
richard
11.12.2003 - 12:40
forum administrator
btw Arun, did you write this guide so that if you are ever stuck in a similar situation, you can just consult BH for the solution? Good idea if you can access it over your mobile. (Maybe we need a WAP solution???)
deathjester's user image
deathjester
12.12.2003 - 13:41
forum administrator
id fix the flebbing cookies first :P
Page: [1]

You must log in to post messages on this board. If you don't have a username and password, you can register quickly to get them!

contact us © 2003, 2004 BurningHorizons.net