Home Log In or Register Forums

Writing is dangerous

Home > Forums > General Discussions > 'Writing is dangerous'
'Writing is dangerous'
Page: [1] [2]
online_again's user image
online_again
25.02.2003 - 10:20

"Poets and writers are a danger in the traffic.

- Through research carried through internationally we state today that there are 20 times more frequent that poets are involved in traffic accidents then non-poets.

An increasing amount of people suffer from insomnia, and in Bergen "Soevnsneter" the amount of patients keep increasing.
Today they are treating abour 2000 patients per year, for only two years ago this number was between 100 and 200. And the largest groups of parients are the poets.

-In old days we though it was helathy to write. Today we know thatt this a really unhealthy. And espeically in the traffic!"

--------------------------------------------------real newspaper article, roughly translated into English.
martyncolebrook's user image
martyncolebrook
27.02.2003 - 01:20
Speaking of the dangers of poets and writers, how are you managing with the Granta political short stories?
online_again
27.02.2003 - 10:10
I am done with "the Mens club".

It is interesting, really. There are only two thing that reading requires that I don't have:

a: much time a
and
b: an attention span that last max 5 mins because there is a part of my brain chanting "BUT WHAT ABOUT YOUR DISSERTATION!?"
martyncolebrook
27.02.2003 - 12:42
The best one for you to look at is the 'State of Europe after the Berlin Wall's collapse' with conributions from George Steiner and many others, it's only 30 pages and the last one is stunning (Mirescu or Ionescu is the author I think).

PS Just make sure the voices don't start telling you anything else ...
online_again
27.02.2003 - 16:26
you are just jealous because the voices are talking to ME.

But yeah. Will read it. I will. Some time. Soon. Really.
martyncolebrook
27.02.2003 - 17:18
If you wouldn't mind sharing, I'll swap you some of mine :). No hurry with the books, I have an Iranian film you must see (subtitles provided) in fact I have lots of them ....
online_again
27.02.2003 - 17:56

Yeahy, voice-swap!

Well will aim at getting some dissertation stuff done tomorrow, will "schedule" the berlinwall- story in after that.
martyncolebrook
27.02.2003 - 23:29
No hurry, have more than enough to watch/read at the moment. Hope you enjoy the last short though, an absolute masterpiece ...
nelson's user image
nelson
28.02.2003 - 06:51
forum administrator
Martin, when do you need the book back? If it's not urgent I might have a flip through when Rigmor is done with it...
martyncolebrook
01.03.2003 - 16:45
Not for a while, take your time and enjoy ...
Page: [1] [2]

This discussion is now closed and you cannot add to it.

contact us © 2003, 2004 BurningHorizons.net