Weeeee!

Home > Forums > It And Computing > 'Weeeee!'
'Weeeee!'
Page: [1] [2]
nelson's user image
nelson
19.07.2003 - 17:51
forum administrator
I just found out that I can use my optical mouse while hovering about 1/2 centimetre from the table!

(yeah, I'm bored)
richard's user image
richard
20.07.2003 - 13:29
forum administrator
yes, the amazing feeling of freedom is set back only by the fact that your arm aches after 30 seconds...
richard's user image
richard
20.07.2003 - 13:29
forum administrator
If you're so bored, why haven't you got anything done on the hotel booking system??
nelson's user image
nelson
20.07.2003 - 23:26
forum administrator
<sigh>

I know...

I do have lots of excuses, though:

I'm still in the middle of moving, my computer's in a mess, it would involve sorting out my disk space, programs and folders, and I also do coding 5 days per week full time...

Let's see. August *should* be a bit better...
richard's user image
richard
21.07.2003 - 09:01
forum administrator
Yeah, I know you have some good excuses, it's me who doesn't!

So when do you get your new computer?

I wish I was doing coding 5 days per week. Currently, I'm doing C++ 5 hours per year. Maximum.
deathjester's user image
deathjester
21.07.2003 - 23:45
forum administrator
what do u do atm ric ?
richard's user image
richard
22.07.2003 - 08:39
forum administrator
Uhhh... For want of a more accurate job description: "ATM Programmer".

Average time spent programming in the past year: 5 hours.

Average time spent twiddling thumbs: 1,815 hours.
deathjester's user image
deathjester
22.07.2003 - 10:40
forum administrator
doh :(

u writing in ur spare time ?

i remember soemthign about a hotel app that u and nelly are goign to make $$$ with.
richard's user image
richard
22.07.2003 - 11:40
forum administrator
Yeah, we're working on a little something-something and I've been doing some today since I've taken today off to wait for our new car to be delivered. We've decided to go off on a bit of a tangent to 'normal' means of programming, by making the entire program web-based.

The idea is that we would have a central server in a hotel (which could also be a client too) that hosts the database and the application, then you can have as many clients as required (e.g. one in the office, one or two in reception, etc.)

I think it's nice to get away from traditional 'windows' programming, since it won't tie the user into a particular OS.

That, and you can create much better interfaces in HTML than VB, which are instantly usable to anyone who's ever surfed the net before.

I think it's a cool idea and... ooops! my cars just arrived..!! :o)))))
deathjester's user image
deathjester
22.07.2003 - 12:08
forum administrator
weeee!!

yeah sounds good.

thin client approach is comming full circle. again.

which car is it ?
Page: [1] [2]

You must log in to post messages on this board. If you don't have a username and password, you can register quickly to get them!

contact us © 2003, 2004 BurningHorizons.net