richard
01.11.2005 - 05:57
forum administrator
hahaha!
nelson's user image
nelson
04.11.2005 - 13:10
forum administrator
Sigh... I hate CAPTCHAs... some are getting so difficult that most humans fail them!

We need something better, really - it's only a matter of time until computing power surpasses the hability of the human brain to recognise distorted letters.
richard's user image
richard
07.11.2005 - 02:24
forum administrator
Yeah, I know what you mean, that kind of OCR must be in development. I was actually thinking about this the other day in relation to comments on blogs (I notice rigmor's blog is already getting 'advertising ' comments).

I was thinking that if we wanted to allow anonymous comments for things like blogs we could use symbols and get people to write down what image they see, like an apple or orange or triangle. That might be even easier for humans and even more difficult for OCR systems??

Maybe I should patent the idea ;o)
nelson's user image
nelson
07.11.2005 - 12:15
forum administrator
It's a good idea. We should do some minimal image distorting/processing (i.e. change colours), together with a large-ish database of images + words (which would need to be i18ned, of course).

Of course, even that would be defeated some day.

Oh, and I'm sure it's patented already.
richard's user image
richard
08.11.2005 - 03:27
forum administrator
Hmm something just dawned on me, those things are REALLY not DDA compliant. :o/

How the hell does a blind person fill in one of those forms??
richard's user image
richard
08.11.2005 - 03:39
forum administrator
Yeah, you're right, the CAPTCHA project has one called esp-pix.

Oh, and in answer to my previous question, hotmail has two methods, a visual one and an auditory test as well.
Page: [1]

You must log in to post messages on this board. If you don't have a username and password, you can register quickly to get them!

contact us © 2003, 2004 BurningHorizons.net