Home Log In or Register Forums

Need some evidence to go to war? Coming right up!

Home > Forums > Politics And Current Affairs > 'Need some evidence to go to war? Coming right up!'
'Need some evidence to go to war? Coming right up!'
Page: [1]
richard's user image
richard
06.03.2003 - 08:51
forum administrator
See this article for proof that they have chemical weapons factories!
online_again's user image
online_again
06.03.2003 - 11:21

Yeah. First build a factory in Iraq and then bomb them because "we" build it. That makes so much sense.
And it backs up the hypocracy even further.
richard's user image
richard
06.03.2003 - 12:43
forum administrator
Mmmm tastes irony
deathjester's user image
deathjester
06.03.2003 - 14:18
forum administrator
Rigmor! Ive noticed u like to point out the hypocritical nature of the situation. I completely agree with you- theres some very entertainig / worrying examples of classic hypocracy that are unveiled pretty much daily atm.

Problem is, whether actions are hypocritical or not, people still take them, and people must react to them. I see no material relevence in pointing this out, especially when using it to support the anti-war argument.

Besides, unless some1's memory remains static, they will inevitibly have thought/acted in a hypocritical way if you take a long enough period of their thoughts/feelings & actions to analyse.

And thats without pointing at the religious people with a big history book in one arm and the 'Good' books/scrolls/whatever in the other.

Spot the hypocrit? Erm...... Spot the carbon-based sentient life form ?

Besides,if the whole issue eventually comes to war, would u want to do pursue it on Sadam's terms? When HE chooses? I sure hope that never comes to pass, cos we'll all be F U C K E D.

We can slap our leaders for acting improperly (eg. for planting evidence or arming Sadam in the first place) AFTER we is all safe and cosey :)

Shouting at them now is not going to increase the speed at which we achieve warm coseyness imho. The fastest route is probably to colonise another planet, send a team of the most intelligent and altruistc aethiests ever seen with about one million babies and bunch of robots.

Failing that....
deathjester's user image
deathjester
06.03.2003 - 14:25
forum administrator
...we stick to our inherited biologic nature that the massses dont seem to be able to override, and blow the crap out of America who currently cause the most trouble (which by the way, is ultimately the fault of British & French imperialsim- WhOops!
).

The history of the world begins and ends with hypocracy, for we all change our attitudes- and then, no1 can really tell what any1 else's goal is, so its impossible to tell what was deliberate, and what wasnt...
online_again
06.03.2003 - 18:33
I see your point, but: the problem is that those leaders who want to go to war against Iraq now will NOT pay for any consequences. It is still innocent civilians in Iraq that will pay for this war. Maggie Thatcher, in power when the decision to build this factory was made... it is not going to affect her at all.

However, I do not think we can declare war on a country for an action that the UK has caused. And 1984... it is not THAT long ago. Britain knew about this already under the first gulf war, and if it was not enough of a threat then, I doubt it is now.

Another point about this war business is: do you really think they/we/whoeverbadguys would declare war on Iraq if it wasn't for the oil? Nobody declares war on India.. they've got weapons as well you know.
Using the argument that "Saddam is mad" is not valid. I don't think that dear Bush is any more sane.

So no. This factory does not justify a war. Also: exactly WHEN in recent history has Iraq posed a threat? Yes, they keep building up and calling America for the devil, but the US does the same thing and they actually DO attack.

I am more worried about the US than about Iraq, to be honest.
online_again
06.03.2003 - 18:35
Get rid of the factory... but don't start a war because of it. Bush and Blair are already so determined to go to war, I dont think that this factory actually makes any difference for them.
deathjester's user image
deathjester
07.03.2003 - 10:13
forum administrator
I think they all need to watch Ghost In The Shell and reflect whilst on a sugar rush.

That sorts life out for me tbh.
Page: [1]

This discussion is now closed and you cannot add to it.

contact us © 2003, 2004 BurningHorizons.net