Home Log In or Register Forums

Nelson's perfect video game

Home > Forums > Politics And Current Affairs > 'Nelson's perfect video game'
'Nelson's perfect video game'
Page: [1]
arar's user image
arar
10.02.2004 - 01:29
I've found it! It has to be run on an emulator, though - a BBC B emulator to be exact. But it has to be 1984! A game where YOU take the position of Gordon Brown/Tony Blair (or their conservative 1984 equivalents, Thatcher & Howard) and make major decisions about critical parliamentary issues in public spending such as corporate tax, value added tax, income tax, customs and excise, loans, contracts, grants to industry, public sector wages, government department wages, pensions, unemployment benefit, child allowance, interest on loans, foreign aid and investment, taking into consideration major indicators such as inflation, unemployment, gross domestic product, gold reserves, industrial output, trade balance, national average wage and the exchange rate.

Dear lord I see stuff like this and I remember why I hate politics!!! Fun and games =)

(I wonder what I'm setting myself up here for. Flame on, partners)
nelson's user image
nelson
10.02.2004 - 13:38
forum administrator
If only running a government were as simple as setting the right taxes and public spending...!

(I do know the game, tho.)
arar's user image
arar
10.02.2004 - 19:28
Waaaaaaay out of my league anyhow. Somehow I alway seem to die when I put the income tax up to about 80%...
richard's user image
richard
11.02.2004 - 09:10
forum administrator
Christ, they lynch you if you do that?
arar's user image
arar
11.02.2004 - 13:50
No, you just lose... strangely enough though it does show that if I attempted to go for PM/whatever again, I'd have a 41% vote!! (Maybe they don't really care =))
Page: [1]

You must log in to post messages on this board. If you don't have a username and password, you can register quickly to get them!

contact us © 2003, 2004 BurningHorizons.net