Home Log In or Register Forums

mmm, improved performance and lower taxes

Home > Forums > Politics And Current Affairs > 'mmm, improved performance and lower taxes'
'mmm, improved performance and lower taxes'
Page: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]
deathjester's user image
deathjester
16.02.2004 - 22:39
forum administrator
I dunno about you guys but i though Oliver letwin was actualyl a rather intelligent, rational guy.

WHat the HELL is this new crap the blues are touting now?

You guys keeping abreast of this one ?
arar's user image
arar
16.02.2004 - 23:09
Politics is a mickey mouse subject, touted by losers . You're all as bad as each other.

Never trust a politician. They always have an agenda. You can only trust those who really don't care.
nelson's user image
nelson
17.02.2004 - 09:01
forum administrator
Right. The true opinion of an idiot.

There are plenty of crap politicians, but at least they care enough to try and do something to improve our societies. (Well, some/most of them, at least - depending on the country).

I'd love to see a country run by you, arar...
nelson's user image
nelson
17.02.2004 - 09:05
forum administrator
Sorry, I just can't get past that sentence without saying something... "a mickey mouse subject, touted by losers".

Ah, if only I had a baseball bat...

Arar, next time you get beaten up, enslaved, and used as a blow-up doll, consider how unfortunate it is that we don't have a society that prevents and fights that sort of situations. Oh, what do you mean, that doesn't really happen? It must be all those losers dealing with mickey mouse subjects...
nelson's user image
nelson
17.02.2004 - 09:09
forum administrator
And DJ, I completely agree. The Tories are simply cause-less. Labour has de facto become what they were, so now we see the "we can do magic" arguments for the next election.

BTW, if you haven't yet, take the test. Make sure you do it first before you browse the rest of the site; after you are finished you get a comparisson chart with the Tories, Labour, Lib Dems, and others. Quite interesting. I'm really close to the Dalay Lama. :-)
arar's user image
arar
17.02.2004 - 10:35
Sorry for being ambigious - I didn't mean care about important issues such as human rights etc, I meant care about petty politics and infighting, such as in this thread.
deathjester's user image
deathjester
17.02.2004 - 10:35
forum administrator
I have to say, that test was pure & total cock.

Question X

"<statement1>...<statementN>"

Do you agree/disagree?

!?!?!?!?!? thers 454879 statements in that clause how the FUCK can i say whether or not i agree?!!?

"Our race has many superior qualities, compared to other races"

MY GOD do they mean homo sapiens over mice? over cockraoches? or simply Scousers over Spartans ?

idiocy. there were about 10 questions that REALLy chapped my ass, takign ambiguity to new heights. In fact it paints a rather crap picture of the abilty of these researchers to operate in an effective manner.

"is military action outside international law justified?"

for FUCKS sake. justified? or justifiable ? in either case that statement is boolean; it is NOT a matter of opinion.

it IS justifiable, because I *can* justify it (who to? well, they failed to qualify that in the question). Is is justified? erm.... it is as soon as i justify it.

even if i take the question in the way i subjectively ASSUME they meant it, im left with the clasic acid-test result which indicates a crap question: 'erm, it depends'.

if policies are based on data collected in this way i have even less respect for the establishment than i already did.

RRRAGHHHHHHH

</soapbox>
deathjester's user image
deathjester
17.02.2004 - 10:38
forum administrator
i DID find Tony Blair's placement amusing however.

for the record, having answered the questions to the best of my ability to tolerate such drivel,
i was positioned slightly further left and liberal then Shiraq.
arar's user image
arar
17.02.2004 - 10:40
Its not real politics though, I understand how you could have taken insult by the ambiguity in my statement. You see I don't see what you studied as "politics", I always understood that as history, reason, philosophy and a mixture of other decent subjects. I respect what you studied.

When I mean I don't respect politics, I mean the art of using important issues as a means of self-promotion. To me, politics is a bit like sales. After a while, the important issues are simply buried beneath the crap of the people involved.
nelson's user image
nelson
17.02.2004 - 10:56
forum administrator
Then look besides the crap and into the people who are actually trying to do some good. It's because of those attitudes that the likes of the Conservatives end up in government ("oh, yeah, a 'common sense revolution'; there's a simple and good idea"...)
Page: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

You must log in to post messages on this board. If you don't have a username and password, you can register quickly to get them!

contact us © 2003, 2004 BurningHorizons.net