Home Log In or Register Forums

Bahai

'Bahai'
Page: [1] [2] [3]
online_again's user image
online_again
01.02.2003 - 11:27

Ok. Religion being religion. Can anyone explain the reasoning behind Bahai? I kind of think it is one of the better ways to view religion, but it seems very... contstructed, and when constructing somehting, what happened to the originial faith they emphasize so much?

Opinions?
deathjester's user image
deathjester
02.02.2003 - 17:55
forum administrator
What's "Bahai", dude?

If I'm not goign to like it use the secret code word instead of teling me:

'MORONISM'

That way I'll know to go and be constructive soemwhere with a homemade charge of TNT and the nearest evangelical club.
online_again
02.02.2003 - 20:39
Short explanation:

They have this idea that all religions stems from the same god, and that one day all the religions will melt toghether. They look at the planet as this child: right now it is a teenager which is why there are so many wars going on.
The reason why there are different religions was because at the time of origin differetn areas of the world were in need for different sets of sturctures and rules.

What I dont like is the fact that all the Bahais I have met have been very tolerant in the sense that if you dont agree with them they expect you to "mature" into their way of thinking sooner or later, so it is almost a bit patronizing.

Moronism?
richard's user image
richard
02.02.2003 - 21:02
forum administrator
'to be a Moron'
deathjester's user image
deathjester
03.02.2003 - 00:17
forum administrator
tnx ric ;)

erm bahai eh ? Sounds like some1 watch too much Babylon 5 tbh.

I say shoot them.

ALl in favour ?
richard's user image
richard
03.02.2003 - 07:17
forum administrator
Aye
deathjester's user image
deathjester
03.02.2003 - 16:31
forum administrator
alternatively, we could always lock them up and make them grow beards. Then, we cover them in tradtional muslim clothing, drop them from APC's at 15 thousand feet wearing fake bundles of TNT soemwhere over the white house.
nelson's user image
nelson
03.02.2003 - 18:55
forum administrator
Aye for the shooting. The beard-em-then-use-em-as-bombs has more practical usage, but we can't afford that 'cause we're going to bomb Iraq (and the fire brigades).
online_again
03.02.2003 - 21:21
No really. How come a religion can be so structured and logical?
nelson's user image
nelson
03.02.2003 - 21:31
forum administrator
Personally, I think it's somewhat contradictory of the word "faith", although I never liked the concept anyway. I see what you mean, it kind of defeats it own reason for existence as a religion (faith) by making it too logical...

"Oh, Dear", said God, "I hadn't thought about that", and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
Page: [1] [2] [3]

This discussion is now closed and you cannot add to it.

contact us © 2003, 2004 BurningHorizons.net