Home Log In or Register Forums

Bahai

'Bahai'
Page: [1] [2] [3]
online_again's user image
online_again
03.02.2003 - 21:33
Not to forget the agnostic dyslexic that sat up all night wondering whether there really was a Dog.

Yeah, but in a strange way I sympathise with the idea. It is peaceful. And it doesn't encourage crusades or conflicts, it is almost a bit like.. uhm, a pasifist NGO!!
deathjester's user image
deathjester
05.02.2003 - 11:36
forum administrator
ahhh, i dig the dog joke.

the rest was utter rubbish tho and nelson should lock u in the cellar for a few hrs tbh.

xD
online_again's user image
online_again
05.02.2003 - 12:57
We dont have a cellar...

And I stand by what I said about sympathising. Not in a way of converting to it, as I would not, but if all religions had the same attitude towards life, there would be so much less battles on religious grounds. In fact, there wouldn't be any.
And hence, in a bizarre, philosophical sense, I would prefer it to a lot of other religions I know about.

The question is still whether you can call it a religion.
deathjester's user image
deathjester
05.02.2003 - 13:16
forum administrator
human socio-biology is to forms groups and have scraps.

religion is merely a sympton, not the problem imho.

the PROBLEM is human nature.
richard's user image
richard
05.02.2003 - 13:42
forum administrator
Ok then, frontal lobotomies for everyone!
nelson's user image
nelson
09.02.2003 - 13:47
forum administrator
DJ: good view - however, calling all problems for "human nature" is a bit pointless, since then you're excusing everything and ignoring the fact that (some) people can think out of the loop.

I think that's the case with these Bahai people. Not that I think that any religion is right...

And if it contributes to pulling more people out of the "forms groups and have scraps"-cycle, fair enough by me. But I still think there must be a better way to do it - if only everyone were listening to me...
deathjester's user image
deathjester
14.02.2003 - 10:18
forum administrator
Aye, but i think the people who look at things on a global level are part of a very small group, and the few of those who are influencial comprise an even smaller group.

I'm sorry to say but I really can't see our entire race thinking/acting outside 'the loop'.

Once technology allows complete material freedom, then maybe then our hunter-gatherer psychology could slowly be broken down. But until then (which i seriously doubt will happen b4 we all die from something or other) we'll carry right on behaving the way we do.

'Smeghead' innit.
richard's user image
richard
14.02.2003 - 11:30
forum administrator
I see you've taken to PFH's philosophy then? It's certainly a good one :o).

Either that, or you secretly *are* a huge fan of Star-Trek, and are just hiding behind a veil of hatred for the 'impossible blue shiny thing'... :oD

Wouldn't it be nice if our Solar System did come with a nice view of the Milky Way, like from slightly above the ecliptic to get away from the dark matter clouding the views... (I'm guessing 99% of all people who will read this will have no idea what I'm blithering on about, but don't worry - I'm only 12% mad...)
deathjester's user image
deathjester
17.02.2003 - 00:23
forum administrator
PFH ???

u dont mean, Mr Hamilton do you?

how can u even mention his name in the same post as ShiteTrek ?

argh

IS NOTHING SACRED ANYMORE!?!!?!?
richard's user image
richard
17.02.2003 - 00:25
forum administrator
LOL

You were going on about replicators, not me!! (i.e. technology allowing material freedom)
Page: [1] [2] [3]

This discussion is now closed and you cannot add to it.

contact us © 2003, 2004 BurningHorizons.net